Most 4 WD owners know that a dual battery system can be a blessing in disguise. While a 4 WD might work just fine on a hot summer day, it is usually during a cold night on the rough terrain when your battery might just give up on you. Not a very pleasant situation. However, if your vehicle has a dual battery system, you can rest assured that you have backup if the above mentioned situation ever takes place. Plus there are also several other advantages of a dual battery system which include the following:
- With a dual battery system, you can get your car started right away despite the fact that you have been camping out all weekend despite the radio running and the fridge working as well.
- Despite repeated winching on rough terrains or a rough river where your engine might have stalled, you can still expect your vehicle to keep running. Winching can be hard on the vehicle. It might even cause a single battery system to die in the middle of a trip. This situation can be avoided if your 4WD has a dual battery system.
- You wouldn’t have to keep your engine running to charge the battery. It can help prolong the life of the vehicle and most importantly help maintain it in top form. Too much pressure on the engine can cause it to deteriorate well before time. If you want to avoid that, invest in a dual battery system for your 4 WD.
How do you work the dual battery system?
You can work the dual battery system by either of the two ways:
- You can either make use of the traditional dual battery system which compromises of a deep cycle battery and a separate starting battery. These two work simultaneously to reduce the load on the engine.
- You can also make use of two batteries working in parallel to provide extra amps for the starter motor. This helps the winch and the motor work a great deal better especially when it’s under load.
The major reason why most people invest in a 4 WD dual battery system is because they crave peace of mind. You never know what you might encounter on your ride or what might happen during camping. You might need to make use of all the power from a single battery. When you have a dual battery system, you are well prepared for whatever calamity which might take place. You won’t have to worry about being stranded in the middle of nowhere, waiting for help to arrive.
Therefore dual battery systems are a necessity especially for those who are looking to add more power to their vehicles. If you are looking to add extra accessories to the vehicle, it is suggested that you upgrade to a dual battery system.…